Interview David! Click on the questions to hear the answers.
- Here is a guy who is one of Hollywood's finest
actors and musical talents, the Illya Kuryakin Man From UNCLE, David McCallum.
- It's incredible to me that you've had time to
record three albums now for Capitol. I see you on Man From UNCLE, in feature
movies, and TV guest spots. You really are busy.
- It must take a lot of drive.
- You enjoy the music as much as the acting work?
- You studied the oboe?
- I wouldn't like to think of one, because I'd
be devoid of employment.
- Does the title "Music: It's Happening Now"
have any significance, David?
- Each track in this album has got a real wiggy
arrangement. Aren't they yours?
- Then you work somewhat like Jackie Gleason, making
up the sounds in your head and having someone else transcribe it?
- Most actors become singers, how is it you didn't
take that easier way out?
- You didn't sneak one in on us did you? I mean
in "House of Mirrors" on the record I hear a guy's voice.
- It seems to me, David, this album, "Music:
It's Happening Now" is even better than the previous records. It's really
what "Life Magazine" calls "The McCallum Sound."
- I think we ought to sample the new "McCallum
Sound" what do you want to hear?
- I like that. David, it's been a pleasure talking
to you. Thanks for being here.